Saturday, December 16, 2006

Been a while, I know

Happy Hanukkah, gentle reader.
It is chilly enough to dissuade me from even contemplating hiking, or doing anything else outdoors aside from the obligatory dash to "Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf" for my daily cup of half-caf. We lit the first of our Hanukkah candles last night, and attended the annual bash at temple. It was well attended and the cantor out did himself with many Sinatra-esque renditions of the traditional Dreidle song, among others. Aside from the adaptations of Oh Tannembaum ("Oh Hanukkah"), and a couple of other embedded Xmas ditties which make my skin positively crawl, it was enjoyable.
Most of the trees on our street have been brutally cut back, as if to drive home the fact that it is winter. While I know the winter here is mild (at worst), I do hate the evidence being forced home. Evergreens don't get all stark, leafless, and dead looking, which is why I think I love them so.
Work has been driving me mad. I continue to precept one of the newer team members. A bright gal, but she is now doing all the work, so aside from the occasional opportunity to introduce something new I am really just her sounding board for questions, etc. Can we say "Boring"? Holidays are always difficult at work - two of "my kids" died at this season in years past, and so my thoughts are often with Paige and Griffy, and the experience I had with them, their illness, and their families.
I do however have something to look forward to...
October 9th, at approximately 21:30 I will board a Qantas flight for six weeks at home in the old country! How divine! I haven't stayed that long for well over 12 years, I think. My sister, Lee, will marry her beau (the deadly handsome and sweet Aaron), and so there will be that among other delights. I'll miss Thanksgiving, but that's okay.
I only hope that the Boy will be able to work out coming over for a week or so for the nuptials.
Ugh, it is gray out, and I need to make wardrobe selections for my saunter to CB&TL.
Keep warm, dears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home