Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Report

I very rarely have an actual weekend off. Well, it sure feels like it to me. I have Friday off from the floor; but 4 hours is committed to "my old job". So there is time to work and prepare for Shabbat. Shabbat is observed at whatever level we feel like - there is usually some formal religious content for one, if not both of us. It's a good life.
But I sometimes hanker for Sunday mornings. My stroll to the Farmers Market on Melrose Place, or coffee beside the near silent strip of Santa Monica Blvd.
So I work most Sundays, so that I will maintain my required weekend shift quota.
But this weekend is different. Today I had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. What fun!
Friday I drove down to the middle of nowhere and visited a good friend and her kids. She moved to have the house to fill with love she needed so badly. It's awesome! The only strain is that her Mom moved in with her at the same time as the move from L.A.
I took flowers, a bottle of sweet wine, a challah, and a book about Shabbat. We talked all afternoon, played with the babies, made shabbes, ate dinner, and watched a movie on the sofa together. Quite lovely.
The rest of the weekend? A hike, a baby shower, then a movie. Late night playing with a LiteBrite together on the living room floor. Then this morning; a meeting for me, and a visit to a friend for him.
Beautiful Fall feeling morning, tho it is much warmer now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home