Wednesday, November 08, 2006

About friken' time...

Thank you America for waking up, and making the changes to the political life here that are long overdue.

The elections here are always confusing to me. Firstly as a non-citizen I am never sure how to approach them. After all, if I really cared - for my self - I would accept citizenship, and take part. But I don't.

So I then have to choose how to be the best observer of the process.

Secondly, the actual political process here is one so vast and convoluted that I really don't understand how anything gets done, even on a good day.

Give me a nice quiet parliamentary constitutional monarchy, any day.

But how nice that Rumsfeld is now unemployed!

On another note: we had a great time in Palm Springs over the weekend. Well, it was easier for me as I don't have mid-terms right now. But there were some healthy doses of bar crawling, sun decking, canyon hiking, and quiet time together. Met some outrageously funny people, and generally had a good time. Happy B'day, boy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

neshika!!! saw cute Momo...

missed you
meravshik

7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home