Saturday, March 03, 2007

Shabbat Shalom

It is a warm and sunny Saturday. The kind that - I guess - people living elsewhere envy those of us living in Southern California for. I've run a few errands; a walk to the Post Office to buy stamps, coffee at a street-side cafe, a long-distance chat with my friend Merav, Trader Joe's for a few staples (okay, so maybe bright yellow tulips aren't really "staples" per se...but...), and a manicure. The nails are hanging in there - wonder of wonders.
I am currently obsessed with the new Battlestar Galactica series. The first disc of the second season came, and I devoured it last night. Such good stuff. I have a tad of a crush on Starbuck. She is so awesome. If I had my pick of costumes for Purim, I'd go as her.
There is a really interesting and topical article in today's Los Angeles Times about concerns about binge drinking in the Orthodox community during Purim. It's a good read, if you are so inclined. I've always thought it was a little bit reckless to make being shiker a mitzvah.
I am reading from the megillah this evening, in English. I have the gory part - oh lucky me. It actually is pretty distasteful, if you ask me.
The Mother-in-Law is in Hospital. She was admitted for a scheduled procedure and there are now delays due to abnormal lab results. I'm sure she'll be fine, in the long run, but it isn't easy mean time. It is difficult "knowing" how Hospitals work, and being on the other side of the visiting hours. Hard not to tell the Nurses what they need to be doing. I don't want to be the kind of visitor I hate. Gulp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home