Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lazy Sunday Afternoon...

So, here's what I really logged on to do...
We are just home from a Sunday afternoon out and about. I had started the day by strolling over to the farmers market at Melrose Place (I know, crazy as that sounds). I am sad to say I have not frequented it for some months, seeing I work most Sundays.
There in the roped off section of the street, walled in by antique stores and what looked like the new site for Carolina Herrera in Los Angeles, sits the farmers market. Huddled under white canvas-roofed tents. Their selection wasn't that great today, unless you like pillows and orchids. Ugh, it has now been invaded by "the fluff" that makes the majority of farmers markets in Los Angeles annoying and frustrating to be at, when all you really want is a nice bag of apples.
Some beets, some carrots, some root ginger, and some fresh off the vine tomatoes. I also bought home two bunches of bok choi, in the hope that we will decide what to make with them before they turn.
On the way home, I got myself a manicure. Laugh not. I am not in the habit, however, it is part of my curing myself from nail biting. It has been just on three weeks since I last tore, chewed or nibbled my nails. The theory is that if I am spending $20 every two weeks on them, they then I will for sure leave them alone. We'll see.
It was a delightfully warm and sunny day in LA. It is the first warm day this year that has felt "genuine", and not like it is a cruel tease.
We saw the Magritte exhibit at LACMA. Enjoyed it very much, although, true to form, I want to return and see it without all those people. I just don't like feeling I am underfoot all the time. Art cannot be rushed or taken at an unnatural speed.
I have to say; the pipe is quite impressive. I liked it, and the small blue/green picture of waves crashing on shore, a finely detailed rock floats mid-air above, and a white fluffy cloud above it. It made me feel quite masculine.
From there to Silverlake "to walk around". We strolled the strip. I ended up signing up for a cheese course (because the gal behind the counter was witty and fun, oh...and I love cheese). We checked-out a cute japanese'esque comic store (complete the most amazing t-shirts). Then we ate some mondo-good gelatto (I swear, it was ambrosic).
Then, few brews at The Faultline. What fun. Had a few beers, let our hair down, and chilled the fuck out. It was a ton of fun. It was still nice and sunny when we got there, and there were some bare-chested men in the courtyard. It was a nicely packed scene, with all variety of men, all of them just relaxing, together. As the music rocked on, the crowd grew nicely. We chatted with a few nice blokes, laughed and told silly stories. Might even see some of them again. Not being dressed for sundown, we made our way home when it started getting chilly.
I need to have more Sunday's off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home