Monday, July 18, 2005

It's too damned hot...

I know I am a whiner - but it is too hot. Too hot to be stuck in the freaking city anyway - blech. I resent LA in the summer. Why the fuck build a city so that it is so damned uncomfortable? Urban planning, my ass.

Saturday I went suit shopping with my soon-to-be Father-in-law'ish, Bernie. He's a pro, knows clothes like I know central lines. He had been and done a recon. mission during the week, so we made beelines to the pre-chosen options at Barneys and Saks (after a very quick glimpse at Carol & Co - a tiny bit "generationally inappropriate" for my tastes).

It was quite the shopping experience. I have never been so conscious of where an item was going to be worn before (well, with the possible exception of leather - but that's a whole other Oprah). How was it going to look in a room filled with love? How was it going to look in the quiet of the ya'hid? How was it going to look in the photos that we would show my family in December?

I have to admit, it is pretty spectacular. It is probably the most expensive garment I have ever bought - only my orthodontia are more disproportionate size-to-cost.

I tell ya tho - Armani sure feels nice - so does Boss. I ended up going with a stunning number in gray by Dolce & Gabana - for 50% of the initial price, inclusive of the alterations.

It was fun playing in the business world.

Then a few hours aside a bubbling brook - bliss. I am managing to get a bit of colour too.

Sunday I was back to what I know best - scrubs and critically ill children. I have made a financially-driven decision to return to the bedside. I feel really good about it - especially after the stuff that I coped with on Sunday. Confidentiality forbids me going into detail - and let's face it, you don't come here for the gore (do you?). Suffice it to say, I handled a really sick little girl and her parents really well, while at least two other kids went into critical mode as well.

I seem to deal with crisis (at work) like that pretty well. I was a good trauma nurse too. Good at keeping calm and focused on what needs to be do at the time - saving my melt downs for afterwards.

Today was fairly controlled - no major problems. Feel much brighter now that I have made my decision. It feels right knowing that this will be what makes a damned good whack at adoption possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home