Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Getting the hang of this...

Spending money is so damned easy. Not that this should be news, but it all adds up, particularly when one is in the throws of planning nuptials.
Cake, caterers, ketubah, invites, envelopes, talitot, I shudder to think of what is yet to come...Rings, suits, shoes, shirts, ties...Pass the Advil...Pass the martinis...and a cool towel for my eyes.
A lovely e-mail from my dear sister Lee. What a gem she is. She damned near made me cry with her sweet words. I miss her (and all the whanau, yes, even Jon) and all that I am missing out on by not being physically closer to home - particularly as we all move from childhood into adulthood. Finally we are coming into ourselves, and are actually worth knowing in our own right.
Shooting the shit, spinning a yarn, blowing smoke and wind up each other's arses...All that stuff.
Keegan turns 1 this weekend. The first mokopuna. He looks like such a cheeky little monkey - really starting to look like Mike (his Dad, my youngest brother). Lee is going home for the celebrations - lucky buggers.
Today I dropped another suitcase full of cash on my car. Nothing that could wait really, and it took me so long to get my shit together and get the car in, I figured to just let them do their darndest. So $950 later...oh my...
Where is that waiter with my drink?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home