Monday, June 06, 2005

Let the games begin...

So it is all go now...

The save the date e-mail went out last night, and the addresses are starting their trickle back from the invitees. How exciting.

Well, maybe not so much "exciting" as "absolutely fucken daunting"

That's what you get for saying yes in a fit of blinding Love, I guess...

I went down to the venue and gave them a cheque for $500 as a deposit...Let go and let G-d - isn't that whet the AA'ers out there say. I just hope my good faith in these people isn't ill-founded. I don't think so, but I may be just acting from a place of desire to have what I want, vs. a realistic place of the way things really are.

Trying to get back into a decent yoga regime. I was doing great there for about three weeks - 2-3 times a week, and feeling mighty good about it. Then I just seemed to crash and burn in a ball of fire. The class schedule is highlighted and stuck to the fridge door (I know that at least I am a regular at the fridge door). The instructors are fantastic, and I really get into the way they teach - very holistic.

We shall see...

Listening to a Hassidic Reggae singer - a guy called Matisyahu. Great sound - strange tho, to listen to pretty heavy-core Reggae, and know it is being sung by a guy in tzit-tzit. Aint nah'tin wrong in dat, now, don'cha know? (pathetic Haim - just pathetic).

Davened Saturday. I like the morning service - much better than Friday nights, which are such a production. More polish that prayer - for me anyway. The end of the week just has me aching for kavanah - not k'vetching and k'velling. Need to build regular davening into my schedule too - I like me better after I've davened. Funny how powerful prayer can be - the act of it, the intention of it. Judaism is all about the intention linked to it's action. For me anyway...

Time to downward-facing-dog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home