Monday, May 30, 2005

So here I am...Again...

I'd tried this before, a while back. I'd enjoyed it and all, but then managed to forget my sign-on details. Kinda like loosing your front door key - except, well, there wasn't a locksmith to call. Or at least I hadn't been so fussed as to bother contacting anyone to get back to where I was. I think I was done with it, truth be told.

So here goes, another attempt at making it in the world of weblogs.

Eh...Don't really care so much if anyone reads it or not. Reality is that this is more for me than anyone else.

Just a place to rant and rave, some. Have a bit of a sounding board/bored where I can put it all out there about live in this crazy self-indulgent, self-obsessed city I call home. Even tho I don't. Call it "home" that is. This is just where I live. Home is far far away, on tiny emerald islands in the distant depths of the south Pacific.

I'm from New Zealand. Exotic I know. But it is more than just the singularly most beautiful scrap of the planet. Much, much more. It's my soul. It's my heartbeat. It's my face in a mirror, and my echo in the night. My breaths last exhaling rush, and it's first gasping inhalation. My marae - my standing place. My tribal meeting ground, and sacred earth-place.

It's impossible to explain, and yet the endlessly fascinating topic of my conversation. The only thing on which I am an expert.

It is greener than the richest wettest moss, and browner than the darkest most pungent humus.

But there will be plenty of time for me to rave on about her - my mistress - Aotearoa.

For now, I'll just try and make sure I remember the sign-on, password, et al.

Ka kite - See ya...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home