Wednesday, June 29, 2005

To infinity and beyond...

Spent today plotting my escape...

Heidi asked me what I wanted to do. "Something in the Jewish world" came falling out of my mouth like baby spit-up. "Hmmm" I thought, "that's the first time I think I've said that out loud". I went back to my desk and googled the National Center for Jewish Healing, then e-mailed a lady at Jewish Family Services here in LA. We'll see what happens.

I'm just feeling like I am at a cross-roads at work. The things that make me feel uneasy there are continuing to do so, despite my attempts at either ignoring or confronting them (both tactics only seem to work with annoying little siblings, and even then only to a limited extent, in my experience).

My real escape takes place tomorrow morning - Vermont! Woo Hoo! A month is a bloody long time, and I am fed up with being separated from my honey. So I'll schlep to the wooded forests and emerald glades of rural Vermont. What fun!

Now if I can just remember all the "Oh, and can you bring me..." Items...

Happy Birthday America, I do hope you have a good year and that this year brings you all that you desire (tho perhaps that may not be a good thing). Heidi's boy Gabe told her that he liked one friend in particular because he "has good toys". Cute!

Sometimes I think America is kind of like a kid with the good toys. A little over-indulged, a little spoilt, a little much. I just hope that America remembers that the best part of having so many good toys is sharing them with everyone else - so there you go US of A, my birthday wish to you!

Ad me'ah v'esrim! (may you live) to 120! (the age we are told Moshe was when he died)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home