Wednesday, October 03, 2007

On The Road, Again...

In six days I'll be leaving Los Angeles for six weeks in New Zealand. I will be seeing family and friends, and re-connecting with my "kiwi self". It's been a long time since I have spent any "decent" time in my little country, so I am really quite excited. Actually, that is an understatement.
It is a bitter-sweet trip, as I'll be going alone. The boy is there currently, and will return himself on Saturday having spent 5 weeks there in Auckland ministering to the good folks at Beth Shalom.
We will have spent almost three months apart by the time I get back the day after Thanksgiving. Shitty timing, to say the least.
I've got all kinds of fun things planned. Theatre, concerts, site seeing, relaxing, sleeping, eating, drinking, exercising, praying, walking, running, standing still. There are nieces and a nephew to meet, and nephews to catch up with. There is a wedding (my sister Lee-Ann to the oh-so-handsome Aaron), and sundry other family events. There are the babies of friends to tickle, a myriad of people to spend quality time with.
An entire self to find, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home