Sunday, March 18, 2007

The 300

So, I went and saw it, and I loved it! So much so that I am currently plotting my return but to see it at an IMAX! I can't wait. It really is superbly made, and while the constant shouting of Leonidas - played by Gerard Butler - does get a bit much at times, but I generally thought the performances were great.
The costumes (and the quality of the visible skin) does perk one's interest! Bare chests, flowing robes, tiniest of tiny jock-like under-gear - in other words...WOOF! I have a hankering to buy a helmet and sword for Halloween. Even tho, as I was reminded, I will be in New Zealand for Halloween...
Went and saw "The Lives of Others", the German film that won Best Foreign film. It was grey, bleak, had a feeling of absolute hopelessness, and was at the same time enchanting. There were so many small questions that were never answered, but they fit in the story very well. Superb acting, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home