Sunday, June 11, 2006

"We're all so very proud..."

Just back from observing the goings-on at the annual gay pride parade.
I have to say, I haven't ever really been that much interested in actually watching the parade, before. So imagine my utter dismay, that I would find myself setting off down the hill to - indeed - watch the parade as it passed by barely a block away. I pulled on jeans and a fav t-shirt and toddled off with a nice little smile on my face - actually feeling, dare I say it, proud.
I know - never been one for pride, have I? Not going there today...
But the nice people from the Gay Lesbian Center and Lambda Legal deserve hearty applause as they march down the center of Santa Monica Blvd, for all their hard work, on the front lines of guaranteeing our voices are heard. P-FLAG of course need a cheer in absentia for our Mothers and Fathers - and Aunts and Uncles, cousins, et al.
There were a few that made me laugh, and one or tow that brought me close to emesis, but that's all water under the bridge. A flatbed truck of hot Latin boys in jeans, t-shirts, and boots stomping out to the beat of the Latin band - aye aye aye!
At one point I stood and watched with the brash, butch lesbian women outside the girlbar down aroun' the corner. Also stood against the wall of the car wash, right in front of the Blvd side, up stream from the viewing stand - so were able to see the victory-lap. The area under the trees, is quite filled in now, as to make it ideal for viewing them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home