Sunday, April 02, 2006

The past few weeks have been hurried. There seems to always be something next, and as a result I haven't found the time to sit and put keyboard to whatever it is.
I did however write an essay for the annual Nurse Week competition that the hospital higher-ups sponsor. It was quite an amazing exercise, and really made me engage how I feel about this thing I get paid to do. I'll post the essay another day so you can see what I wrote.
I have been seeking out more philosophical conversations/discussions at work, too. It is probably annoying to most of my co-workers, but I have a need to process what it is we do - and in particular why we do some of the things we do. Turning on lights, waking people up, making noise, being oblivious to the experiences of the patients and families. Bugs the living crap out of me, and as a result I can be perhaps a tad too enthusiastic in my questioning of my co-workers.
I've also been in a spiritual funk, of sorts. It's been ages since I have regularly davened in the mornings, and I am sure my t'fillen are wondering where the heck I have gotten to. Mah la'asot?
I've been going a little schule shopping and found a chavurah-style minyan that I enjoy, but they only meet every-other week. It's also hard when Dean has commitments that need him to be else where and so unable to daven with me, were he so inclined.
Off to Florida for Pesach. Should be an interesting week away with Dean, his Mom, his Brother and his two kids (6 & 4). Beach front hotel however, so that's a good thing. I just hope I don't have an overload. Families are difficult things to seamlessly fold into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home