Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spring has sprung

It's quite amazing - all of a sudden it is nearly June, and the hot weather has arrived. Yay!
The air is heavy and heady with the scent of jasmine and the like. The streets are filled with convertibles and cavorting friends, out for an evening drive. It is jovial and light.
One could almost forget the continuing mess that is festering in Washington, the fear that brews in the middle east (although things seem to be looking up on the peace front, perhaps).
I have a patch of red and tender skin on my left hip which reminds me that I was careless on Wednesday when I was laying out in the sun high in the mountains beside the creek. It is a bitter-sweet reminder of a stolen absence from the city and it's controls, which I must say I delight in.
I plan a return this weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home