Sunday, May 07, 2006

a bit of a lull?

So, here we are then...

The scholastic year is all but finished, and soon it will be summer vacation, tho not really. Summer school in NYC for two weeks and then back here, and two weeks at camp. He'll be busy, and I guess I'll sort myself out a bit. He gets his MAHL next Monday, too. Phew! A worthy accomplishment, and one not lightly gained. I'm very proud how hard he has worked, very proud.

Things are feeling a little stagnant right now. I feel stuck, and, I am loathe to admit it bored. Bored of me, that is. Sure, there are many opportunities to do something, but I am kind of anti-action at the moment.

We are going to DC in a few weeks, I think that will make all the difference. A change of scenery and catch-up with a good friend whom I miss horribly...

I volunteered yesterday at what I guess is my pet fund raiser. "Single de Mayo" is a huge "Meet the guy/gal of your dreams" bash, with lots of drinks, food, fun and laughter. Not as many boys this year, made for an odd vibe, which was much different than previous years. I wasn't completely thrilled with the experience. Kind of bitchy girl energy.

Fun, of course, to see my favorite local lesbians, and watch them have fun. Did meet a very nice couple of boys, newish to LA, from some small minded "you can't be gay, and in an inter-racial relationship, and be welcome here in your family home" kind of place. My heart almost broke hearing the story - just can't believe it at all. I don't get people some times.

So I drank too many margaritas (3 1/2), ate too many deep fried cheese-stuffed jalapenos, and breathed in too much second hand smoke I wouldn't wonder, to be able to face anything but a quiet (very quiet) day at home.

Back into the fray tomorrow, when my tummy feels less explosive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home