Wednesday, November 09, 2005

...k'mo geshem

Rain fell today. Gently, and with the tender kiss of a loved one, long overdue for return. It feels so good to know that despite everything that swirls around us in our day to day lives - making us so sure that there is nothing more important than us - the planet continues it's own ebb and flow.

Nourishing itself with the sweet rains, and gentle winds.

That's not to say that I didn't get kinda wet when I went out to see a movie and munch borekahs in the darkness. I saw the Israeli flick "Ushpizin" - a sweet fable of faith and seeing blessings in the unusual and difficult.

I emerged from the darkness to find that the rain had stopped falling - well, at least until I walked back to my car.

Hopefully the rain will keep it up, saturating the earth, washing away our dust and erasing the film that keeps us from seeing all that there is to see.

Ulai gam hu ya'vo, yered alienu, k'mo geshem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home