Monday, October 24, 2005

Come on, throw me a bone...

Today I had two professional disagreements.

The first about whether or not it is at the very least polite to leave the main overhead lights off, until say 10:30 - thereby giving people the chance to sleep in, for goodness sake. I maintain that it is actually part of making care more user friendly.

Surely, there is nothing more productive than being polite with people.

The second when a colleague, with whom I have only had pleasant conversations with - put herself in the sights of my severely "screwed over" self. She, by her own admission had not bothered to give me the benefit of making a discharge go smoothly, by providing me with key parts of the puzzle that would make it timelier than it was. We sat around for much longer then necessary on a favorite family's discharge. I was really disappointed that she had left me kinda high and dry.

I just don't get that, at all.

You don't use the family as the passer-on of d/c instructions or other nuggets of wisdom.

I sometimes feel a tad-fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants at key points in the day. Nothing that bad happened around me - just a really badly organized day.

I can see I have my work cut out for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home