Wednesday, October 12, 2005

So, how was your Fast?

A strange question to ask someone after an intensly spiritual endeavour, don't you think?

But we do.

And we will, the few of us who many look at the tzom as a particular personal commandment, taken on. Owned, and valued.

I blow the shofar again in about 29 hours. Looking forward to it.

I also get to fast again. And, I am looking forward to it

I washed my car today, for a very strange reason. To be respectful of my Father-in-law, who I am possibly driving to Temple for services, this evening. I made a particular effort to use - and thereby waste - less of the water. I used a minimal amount of biodegradable dish soap, and a cloth.

And made sure that there was only the smallest amount of drippage on the ground (and thereby drain to the ocean) - so I was then able to pour the dirty water down the toilet - thereby being purged of it's soap suds, into a system created to collect and treat these products.

I saved money, face, and eco-heart.

And gained the added respect from an act to honor another. Honor is the ultimate honor. Huh?

I just hope he is well - for a do worry about him. I will take good care of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home