Sunday, May 17, 2009

Flyin' Solo - Well, Duo...

We are on our own for the next couple of days. The Boy is away in rural Victoria for a work conference. We would have gone, but the words rural and Victoria are never a pleasant reality when used in combination.
So far so good. Jacob slept thru until 05:00, which while not the ideal, is better that a disrupted night. Contiguous hours beat scattered ones.
It's been a rough last week or so. Jacob has been teething, and now has two razor sharp teeth to show for it on his lower gum line. But the process is quite an eye opener. Fussy, irritable, not wanting to eat, not wanting to drink, just "off" in general.
We have kept the Tylenol coming and he wears his amber necklace. We have also been giving his an homeopathic remedy and chilled chew toys (I know, that sounds so much like dog talk - but trust me, it works).
But on the up and up front; I have accepted a job! I interviewed at a number of places, and received two offers of part-time PACU work. I thought it all thru and have accepted the position at the National Childrens Hospital, Starship - which is here in Auckland. I plan on starting June 2nd, and am currently working thru the pre-employment health screening and the necessary paperwork. I'm looking at two days a week, and looking at it longingly. I've missed the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment that paid employment gives. I've missed adult company, too.
Jacob will spend one day at home with the Boy (Tuesday), and then two days at day care (Wednesday & Thursday). We called around, asked around, and ran around, and found a spot at one of the nationwide chain places which is close by the Boys work. It'll make drop-off and pick-up easier for all concerned. You may notice that we have an extra day in there; I decided that I wanted a complete day off, and the day care has a two-day minimum requirement. The plan is that I'll use the extra day to get back into potting or some other pursuit that has vanished since Jacob came along. It'll be good to see what is out there and do something creative again, and feel like I have a life of my own again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home