Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No One Told Me This Part

I've become a bit of a day-time television watcher over the past 6 weeks that we have been home in New Zealand, and that I have spent being home with Jacob. Usually there is very little that grabs my attention; "Dr. Phil", "Oprah", and the soaps get an instant channel change. But I have found myself drawn to those show that are either New Zealand or Australian made; possibly for the accent, or the socialization, I'm not quite sure.


Today I landed on "Backyard Blitz" an Australian made show that features backyard make-overs for deserving Aussies. Today, the recipient was a big bear of a bloke called Carlos who rescued a small boy from a burning building.


Carlos and his family were whisked off to the Uluru while the transformation took place. What had been a pretty ho-hum back yard became an escape with paving, grass, and a beautifully placed BBQ area.


The plant choices were explained, the building demonstrated, and the progress presented with lots of fun skit-like pieces. Then the family came home.


Carlos is a really big guy. He and his family were welcomed with applause from the neighbours, and then ushered into their new yard for the reveal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home