Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This part is not so much fun...

This is the bit I have been dreading, this is the part that fills me with fear and anxiety. This is the bit when I tell myself that this was all a terrible idea, this is the bit when I want to run away.
I know I am over reacting and being a tad melodramatic (which is something I am very capable at, I know), but I don't like this bit. He is sick. We're all sick, actually. But him being sick is where I feel the most helpless. It's only a cold; it's only a bit of a dry cough, and a stuffy nose, and a little bit of crankiness. It's only saline drops and bulb suctioning, but I hate it. He gets so upset, and wails and wails. Poor wee man.
Of course, I have visions of being admitted with dehydration, pneumonia, or RSV (or both) running thru my head. That and being a helpless Nelly-girl parent freaking out and in need of hand-holding. But hey, there it is. Visions of respiratory isolation and oxygen requirements.
Of course none of his current symptoms indicate that any of these things are necessary or in play. In reality all he has is a stuffy nose which needs sucking out before he feeds so he can breathe clearly, and some additional time to feed. So far, it's really a cake walk. He isn't dehydrated, he isn't in respiratory distress, or showing any other negative findings (BBS = CTA, + Upper Respiratory congestion, RR 40 @ rest, HHR +/- 110 @ rest, CRT < / = 3 sec, Mucous membranes; moist/pink). Which does make me feel better, I guess.
I know that they get sick, I had just hoped it wouldn't be until he was 12 or so. I guess my feeling like crap just compounds things. Ugh.
We all have it. Daddy, Abba, Jacob & even Bo-Bo. He was supposed to have his 3 month vaccinations today, but we'll push that forward to Tuesday. Hopefully we'll all be feeling more up to it by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home