Tuesday, September 06, 2005

And then...

I'm using smaller fonts these days - I'm not quite sure why - maybe large letters feel wasteful? I dunno...
So...
After the mikveh Merav and I went for lunch at the Farmers Market. Both of us delighting in being together after not seeing each other for probably 3-4 weeks. I am sure we were the typical annoying couple at the far table who laugh too loud and shout their stories at each other - but, y'know what, we didn't care so much. It was like being 3 year olds who were best friends from day care until one of them moved away, and then they are together again at a grown-up party where no one really pays that much attention to them anyway - and they just don't care!
A little shopping (I found the perfect Israeli "gever hatik" sunglasses I had been looking for for ages). Merav bought a jacket and we had so much fun just talking about noting and everything.
She just loves her new job - which I have to say, while I wish she were still here, I am thrilled too. It sounds like such a window has been opened to her, and she now flies free in a beautiful scented garden, among the heady aroma of intellect and intellectuals.
We shopped, we ate, we laughed, we enjoyed being together.
Later that evening the wedding journey really began in force.
Diana and Bruce had arrived from New Zealand earlier in the day, and we picked them up for dinner at Campanile on La Brea - http://www.campanilerestaurant.com/ - grilled cheese night! Yum! Diana, Bruce, Merav, Dean and I. It was fantastic to mix two friend groups together and see the imagined divisions of live fade into a continuous, seamless union. Lots of funny stories, and catching up, a few glasses of a lovely riesling, and the best grilled cheese in the city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home