Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Little Disappointed...

I won't dwell on it, but I am a little disappointed that Labour did not win the election. I am inclined "to lean left" politically, and so to see the entry of a National lead government is not too thrilling. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Rob Muldoon, for heavens sake and that was donkeys years ago (1984).
I like Helen Clark, I like her a lot. I think she did a phenomenal job of leading New Zealand for three terms (Dec. 1999 thru Sunday) and did a lot to bolster our standing in the world, and our standing with one another. I'm not so sure that John Key is going to be good for us in the long term. Again, I know relatively little about him, but I am not impressed with what I have seen. It's silly, but his smile annoys me.
I was also saddened to hear that Helen has stepped down as leader and has been replaced by Phil Goff. I don't know much about him, but he reads well on wikipedia. I am thinking that this is the end of an era.
I may look closer at the Green Party from here on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home