Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pain-Filled Words From a Brave Lady

"I am deemed a radical because I believe that partisan politics should be left to the wayside when hundreds of thousands of people are dying for a war based on lies that is supported by Democrats and Republican alike. It amazes me that people who are sharp on the issues and can zero in like a laser beam on lies, misrepresentations, and political expediency when it comes to one party refuse to recognize it in their own party. Blind party loyalty is dangerous whatever side it occurs on. People of the world look on us Americans as jokes because we allow our political leaders so much murderous latitude and if we don't find alternatives to this corrupt "two" party system our Representative Republic will die and be replaced with what we are rapidly descending into with nary a check or balance: a fascist corporate wasteland. I am demonized because I don't see party affiliation or nationality when I look at a person, I see that person's heart. If someone looks, dresses, acts, talks and votes like a Republican, then why do they deserve support just because he/she calls him/herself a Democrat?"
- Cindy Sheehan.
I must admit that other than when she was splashed over the news during what is being described as a "quiet news month" I payed little real attention to Cindy. My heart went out - and still goes out - to her and all the grieving-for-absolutely-nothing parents, family, and friends across the United States, but I didn't follow events in Crawford, TX.
Cindy was also quoted as saying that she has realized that the public in this country are more interested in who will be the next "American Idol" not in how many have died, or will die, in the months to come.
Sad commentary indeed, but - even sadder still - true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home