Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What a difference a few days can make...

So there is now a ceasefire, and things are getting back to normal.
Still some anxiety (let's call it what it is) that there will be a recommencing of hostilities, but for the most part I am not as worried as I was this time last week.
Work was hectic - was in charge (a role I don't exactly enjoy) for the last three days. Head out to WA tonight for a few days R&R.
Boy is at camp near Seattle, so I'll see him on Shabbat.
The Maori Queen, Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu has died, so now there is a massive tangi at Ngaruawahia. I have very few memories of her, but I think that may be quite common for most kiwis. I certainly knew who she was, and the important role she played in national life. More at;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home